"There is a mighty lot of difference between saying prayers and praying."- John G. Lake

Landmarks around Lissycasey.

Namely a series of Forts, Croch a Chaora-a hill with legendary tales,lissycasey cascades

 Lough a Chruach supplying the local group water scheme.

There are many sulphur wells located beside this lake.

The Owenslieve River (River of the Mountain) Is the main drainage for the Eastern Area and is reputed to have many unexplored potholes.


   Local Place names.

Caherea.   (Cathair Aodha)   The fortress of Hugh divided into two divisions Caherea East and Caherea West

Lismorris.   (The Fort of Muiris or Morris)

Reaffa (Reidh Fia) the lands of Raysfanny o'deas pub

Benedin (Beann Eadain) The Peak of the Brow (linking Caherea with Decomade)

Decomade (An Deichiu meid) The tenth Part

Gleannagonee (Gleann Coinini) The Valley of the Rabbits

Tubbernadaune or Tubber. Well of the Stream

Music Hill (Named in 1850 when the Ronan Family played Music there)

Raelach  “The Ray with the pools of Water”

Coolderror Bridge is situated south of Kearney’s public House on the Road to Ballycorick. The River is the “Cul Daire “

Frure or Furrour originated from For Bharr (High Look out Point)fergus rovers ladies gaelic

Gurtyageeheen “Garden of the Wind”

Baile Na Gos  “Home of the Stem

Baile Na Seanna. “The home of the Shea’s

Cloncolman. Cluain Colman “The meadow of Colman”

Cluain Draighneach “Meadow of the blackthorn

Cappanageragh. Ceapach Na gCaorach. “Paddock of Field of the Sheep.